Boston University School of Management
Boston, MA (2010-2013)
MBA, Entrepreneurship – graduated with honors
- Created a business plan for Bloom Owl, an app for teachers to record and report qualitative classroom observations for improved analysis. Developed go-to-market strategy and pricing plans from user interviews and survey data. Entered 2012 MassChallenge competition and used feedback to fine-tune business plan and make decisions regarding viability of product.
- Created business plan for HeadCheck, a smartphone app for concussion awareness using existing sensors to administer baseline response tests and post-collision response tests for comparison.
- Shared conference live-tweeting strategies and conference insights on the BU MBA student blog for Yale Education Leadership Conference.
- Teaching Assistant to Professor Jay Kim on 14-day Asian Field Seminar of Beijing, Shanghai, and Seoul. Assisted with logistics, “blog“, and digital photo collection. “Blog” access in China was…not shockingly…spotty.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, MA (1995-2001)
S.M. Ocean Engineering (Marine Robotics)
S.B. Ocean Engineering, minor in Music Composition
- Collected and analyzed sonar data to model mobile robot navigation and localization. Advisor wanted to call the robot (and may have actually called the robot) Leo. My lab-mate Rick and I named it Barnacle Bill the Sailor.
- Part of a team that designed and built autonomous underwater vehicle, Autolycus, to be used as a modular teaching tool. Team won the SNAME 1998 National Undergraduate Paper Award.
- Teaching Assistant, 13.010 Introduction to Ocean Engineering
- Graduate Resident Advisor and “house mom”, Theta Chi Fraternity
- Sports writer, MIT Tech (newspaper)
- MIT Varsity Women’s Sailing Team, IYCRA 1998 Women’s National Championship.
- Intramural Sports: hockey, volleyball, softball, innertube water polo, pool, bowling
- MIT Concert Choir & Chamber Choir, alto & soloist
- MIT Chorallaries (a cappella). Winner, ICCA 2003 Northeast Semifinal, Best Arrangement, “1000 Oceans,” by Tori Amos. Business Manager, Art Director, soloist for Poker Face.
Classes I took “for fun” at Harvard Extension School
- Spring 2005 – coursework to enhance classroom instruction: Principles of Genetics, General Chemistry II
- Fall 2009 & Spring 2010 – coursework to prepare for additional graduate studies: Advanced Topics in Data Networking, Principles of Finance, Organizational Behavior